1. What has been your lockdown routine?
7am I start with a big mug of tea and my instagram fix then I’m up and getting ready for the day. I have 3 kids under 11 so we spend most of the morning homeschooling at the moment while I try and check emails.
We tend to eat lunch together as a family and then if the weather is good the kids all play in the paddling pool for the afternoon while I’m styling for brands or shooting. I’ve learnt to multitask and train my kids to take great pics!
The rest of the day is very normal. Tea, bath time and bed with a Netflix box set.
2. What is something new that you have been doing in lockdown which you would like to carry on?
I’ve started to use a dermaroller which I LOVE. Being at home has given me more time to spend on my skin which I never do and I’ve really seen the benefits. I’m pretty lazy with my skin so it’s been great discovering new products. That and Iike the rest of the nation I’ve really indulged in Netflix.
3. What have you found effective for keeping your self sane during this time?
My husband usually takes the kids out around 5:30 for some exercise so I get about 1 hours peace a day which has been a lifesaver. That and accepting that we are all doing our best to deal with the situation. If school work doesn’t get done, or the house gets ridiculously messy we have learned to let it go and know that we are all safe and well. That is all we need to do right now.
4. What has been your guilty pleasure during lockdown?
Tik Tok and Tiger King obvs not at the same time 🤣
5. What has your WFH attire consisted of?
Actually no different for me! Minus the handbags and shoes though. I still get ready for the day, i find it sets me and the children up with some sort of normality. I may or may not brush my hair some days, I’m kind of edgy like that 🤣
6. How would you describe your personal style in one word?
7. What are your go-to summer staples?
A good white maxi dress, tan sandals and a straw bag. Always my go to staples for Summer.
8. Who is your style icon and where do you find inspiration?
I love Iris Apfel, who always wears what makes her heart sing. Its really important to me how clothes make me feel and that’s how I choose what to wear. I’m always taking pics of things totally unrelated to clothes, getting inspiration from a colour combo or textures that work together. I love finding surprising colour combinations too. In my head I’m always styling, it’s what makes me tick, I need to get out more!
9. If you could raid anyone's wardrobe, who's would it be?
Marielle at Wyse London. She always has great effortless edgy style. Uncomplicated yet cool. Failing that, the Needle and Thread stockroom! Those dresses ✨
10. What is the most read book on your shelf?
A little life by Hanya Yanagihara
Not the most read but the most powerful book I’ve ever read in my life.
11. What is your favourite quote of all time?
“ If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face and you will always look lovely “ Roald Dahl
12. What are you looking forward to doing once we are out of isolation?
Lots of hugs with my besties, I’m a hugger.
13. Where is the first placed you will travel too once we can?
Cornwall. We go to Mousehole, we run wild and the kids are in and out of the sea all day. Life is slower and calmer